Patient’s Rights & Responsibilities
Patient/Client Rights are:
- Patients/Clients have the right to receive health care on the basis of clinical need.
- Patients/Clients have the right to receive emergency care and treatment at any time, easily and quickly.
- Patients/Clients have the right to be referred to a consultant for special care when there is a home health care need.
- Patients/Clients have the right to receive verbal and written information about any proposed treatment and to be told if there are any alternatives available.
- Patients/Clients have the right to receive detailed explanation of their condition, care treatment and aftercare in terms that are free from professional jargon in order that they can fully understand.
- Patient/Clients have the right to be provided with Arabic/English interpreter services; all other language barriers will be accommodated based upon available translation resources.
- Patient/Clients have the right to a second opinion or to have their care transferred to another practitioner if they are not satisfied with the care or opinion provided.
- Patients/Clients have the right to have all clinical records kept fully updated and relevant information fully documented.
- Patients/Clients have the right to privacy when an interview or treatment is conducted; they have the right to know who is in attendance and purpose of those in attendance on them.
- Patient/Clients have the right to know that their personal details and records are kept fully confidential at all times by staff.
- Patient/Clients have the right to have any complaint that they may make, acknowledged within 3 working days, fully investigated, and be provided with a written response within 21 days.
Patient/Client Responsibilities are:
- Patient/Clients to give their insurance card to PMS LLC
- Patient/Clients to follow the rules and regulations provided by the PMS LLC / medical staff and to accept these rules and regulations.
- Patient/Clients to show respect and to be courteous to PMS LLC medical staff.
- Patient/Clients are requested not to use abusive language and/or display unsocial behavior to PMS LLC medical staff.
- Patient/Clients are requested to show consideration for other patient needs, especially where their needs are greater.
- Patient/Clients are requested to use the emergency services appropriately;
- Patient/Clients are reminded that if their condition is not life threatening and they have a minor problem, then they must use the primary health care clinic.
- Patient/Clients are requested to give accurate information about personal details and past medical history as well as to inform the medical staff of any treatments and medications that they are taking.
- Patient/Clients are requested to be accountable for their own actions if they decide not to follow the medical staff instructions and/or treatment plan and recommendations.